To launch the WaterStarters foundation, two pilot projects have been provisioned in Kajiado County in Kenya.
The work is due to take place in Summer/Autumn 2019. As well as kick starting our mission to bring clean, safe drinking water to rural Kenyan communities, these projects will provide recommendations for improvements and upscaling.
KashuStatus : Completed
- Their existing diesel powered borehole was built in 1969
- It serves a community of 2000 people, with 3000 cows
- People from other communities walk 8 - 10 kilometres to the borehole
- Wild animals also visit the borehole (elephants, wild beast, Gazelle etc.)
Ole NinaStatus : Completed
- They have no access to water
- The closest borehole is 6 km walk away - women walk 3 times a day there and back
- Ole Nina is a community of approximately 500 people
- Many surrounding villages would also use the water if a borehole was installed